Staying the Course: Avoiding the Fourth Wave
As Europe braces for another wave of COVID cases propelled by the variants, Springmont will remain steadfastly compliant with the health & safety procedures and protocols that have made our community enormously successful in limiting the spread of the virus. We need and appreciate YOUR continued help! Our success is no accident - thank you for your cooperation, patience and caution! As of today, here is what you need to know:
- Many of our teachers and staff are in the process of being vaccinated, and we encourage everyone to get vaccinated as soon as you are eligible.
- We are aware that on Friday the CDC updated their physical distancing guidelines for students in classrooms, allowing masked students to be closer than 6' apart. Please know that Springmont's policies have been and are still in alignment with this new recommendation.
- The CDC is still advising against travel, even for vaccinated individuals. Because children are not eligible for vaccination and scientists are concerned that vaccinated individuals may still be able to transmit the virus to others, Springmont has not changed our safe travel regimen. While we respect families' decisions to travel, we do ask that everyone follow all of Springmont's quarantining/testing policies carefully. These have been developed with the health & safety of the entire community in mind.
- Springmont's conservative approach to all things COVID has allowed us, with just a few short exceptions, to keep students learning on campus. As always, we will stay abreast of the latest scientific information and medical advice, but at this time, there are no plans for changes to our procedures and protocols before the end of the school year.
- Click here for our COVID-19 Handbook and Community Agreement.
- Have questions or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org