It was wonderful to see our first groups of students on campus today and we look forward to seeing everyone by week's end! We hope you will make a habit of reading our weekly newsletter, Springmont Weekly News, each Monday. It will contain school news, interesting articles about our curriculum and school happenings, calendar reminders, and links to important information.
In addition, we hope all parents will follow and like us on Facebook and Instagram. This is where we share our school spirit and lots of pictures, including some from today! Make sure to share with friends and family!
Click here to watch SPRINGMONT IS BACK!, our new video which highlights some of our new health & safety measures.
You may notice our new carpool hangers in the video!
- Two per student will be distributed to families on your first day of school this week. Please make sure to hang the sign from your rearview mirror at arrival and dismissal carpool each day; this will help us direct you and keep our carpool efficient and safe for all.
- As you won't have your new carpool signs as you arrive on your first day, it will be very helpful to our staff if you know the name of your child's teacher when you arrive. This will help us direct you that first day on campus.
As you arrive on campus each day, please make sure everyone in your vehicle is wearing a mask/face-covering. We will be completing a Daily Health Screening & Temperature Check on all those in your vehicle each school day. The Daily Health Screening app seen in the video will be ready soon. In the meantime, please be prepared to answer the following questions as you arrive on campus each day:
1. Do you or anyone in your household have a fever*, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or other respiratory symptoms? (*Fever is determined by a thermometer reading 100.4 or higher OR by subjective signs such as flushed cheeks, fatigue, extreme fussiness, chills, shivering, sweating, achiness, headache, or not eating or drinking
2. Do you or anyone in your household have any two of the following symptoms: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell?
3. Have you or anyone in your household had any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
4. Have you or anyone in your household been in contact with anyone with these symptoms in the last 14 days?
5. Have you or anyone in your household potentially been exposed** to COVID-19 or have reason to believe you have COVID-19? (**Exposure is sharing a household or having close contact with anyone with COVID-19 or having symptoms of COVID 19.)
6. Have you or anyone in your household traveled outside of Georgia in the last 14 days?
Although one copy of our full-color annual was provided free of charge to each family this past May, additional copies are available for purchase. Yearbooks include student photos, class features and pictures of the many fun and memorable events that take place on our beautiful campus! Cover designed by Upper Elementary student Satti Gray.
If you would like to purchase additional copies ($25/each) of last year's Yearbook, click here!
Questions? Email Andrea Restifo
One of the many events we'll be sad to miss this spring is our Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast. Over the course of a school year, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of volunteer hours selflessly committed to Springmont for the benefit of our students and community. We may not be able to celebrate together, but from a distance, we want to extend our sincere appreciation to everyone who has given so generously of themselves. From Room Parents and Event Chairs to Campus Workday volunteers and far, far beyond, you all have made an important and lasting impact on our school. Thank you!