All families are invited to attend our 16th Middle School Commencement Ceremony on Friday, May 24, at 6:30 p.m. Each Middle School graduate will speak about his/her Springmont experience and hopes and dream for the future as well as share words of wisdom for classmates. If you are not already 100% sure that Springmont is the right place for your family, this moving testimony to the Springmont experience is one you don't want to miss!
Thanks to the enthusiastic efforts of dozens of parent volunteers and our Middle school students, Primary and Elementary students enjoyed a fabulous Field Day! A special thank you to parent co-chairs Sheryl Clark, Maria Healy, Wendy Sandvi and Shama Shah. This eagerly anticipated event includes cooperative activities, friendly competition, delicious snacks and plenty of great photos ops! Make sure to see our Facebook page for more photos later today!
As our 2019 graduates prepare for high school in the fall, our 2015 graduates will also be off to new adventures in August! In addition to her Development role, Lauren Stevenson is also in charge of Alumni Relations and has done a great job staying in touch with our recent grads during high school. Many of them have shared their college choices with her, and we wanted to share their exciting news with our current families. After all, the proof is in the pudding!
Members of Springmont's Class of 2015 will attend the following:
• Agnes Scott College
• Auburn University
• Brown University
• Rice University
• Tulane University
• United States Naval Academy
• The University of Colorado - Boulder
• The University of Georgia - Honors Program
• The University of Kentucky
• The University of South Carolina
• Wake Forest University
After Friday's Annual Meeting of the Members, we are happy to announce the unanimous election of two new Trustees! We thank them in advance for their service.
Leandro Santos is a Partner at McKinsey & Co. with strategy, growth, merger and integration, finance, operations and digital/technology experience, primarily in the High Tech and Telecom industries. In addition, Leandro has served as an external expert advisor for the last four years to the Board of Directors of the Technology Business Management Council, a non-profit technology standards organization to improve IT financial management. Leandro has his Bachelor of Science from State University of Campinas in Brazil, his Bachelor of Business Administration from Pontific Catholic University of Campinas in Brazil and an Executive MBA from Goizueta Business School at Emory University. Leandro and his wife, Carol, have three children at Springmont – one each in Chris’ Lower Elementary class, Nicole’s Upper Elementary class and Remzije’s Toddler Class.
Hamilton Williams is Associate Principal with the architectural and engineering firm of GreenbergFarrow. Hamilton has worked within the commercial land development industry for over twenty years. His firm provides expert land development consulting, program management and design services to retailers, developers and owners that have a national and international footprint. Outside of work, Hamilton volunteers with multiple recreational and sporting communities as a coach and team parent, donates design and trade experience to local start-up companies, coordinates community service participation opportunities and participates in statewide trail maintenance and watershed clean-up events. Hamilton earned his Bachelor of Landscape Administration at the University of Georgia. Hamilton currently serves on the Facilities Committee and the Landschool Board. Hamilton and his wife, Kristen, have one child at Springmont in Chris’ Lower Elementary class.
Today's Springmont Weekly News is the last edition until August 5, but please be on the lookout for summer communications that will provide:
- Class placement (if applicable),
- Links to our updated Key Information Parent Handbook,
- Invitations to our early August Springmont Expo/Meet & Greet morning and Opening Night,
- Welcome back letters from Teachers,
- Information about our Strings Program,
- Early Care/Extended Day, Fall Enrichment and Semester I Pizza Shop registration,
- and reminders about Elementary and Middle School Summer Assignments.
2019-20 calendar dates will be posted over the course of the next two weeks.
Toddler Care and Primary Summer Camp are in session 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (with Extended Day available until 5 p.m. for Primary only) during the weeks of June 3, 10, 17 & 24 and July 8, 15 & 22.
Effective Monday, June 3, administrative office hours will be 9 a.m.- 3 p.m., Monday-Friday. Administrators also take vacation during June and July so you may wish to email or call ahead if you need to see a specific person.
Save the Dates:
- All Toddler and Primary students and their parents/caregivers are invited to join Cara and Andrea at Chastain Park's playground for Summer Playdates on Thursday, June 13, at 10 a.m. and Tuesday, July 9, at 10 a.m.! Meet new friends and keep connections with old ones. Water and lemonade will be provided…just come and enjoy!
- Rising 4th-year Upper Elementary students and their families are invited to join Nicole and Ellen for a service project on Wednesday, June 12, 4:30-6 p.m. Come make toys and treats for an animal rescue center while enjoying a tasty summer treat yourself!