Springmont School provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Springmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Springmont School seeks a full-time Staff Accountant to become an integral part of the Business Office beginning immediately. This person will assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining financial systems to ensure adherence to GAAP and maintaining internal controls that ensure accurate and timely financial statements. As part of a small team, the Staff Accountant will support and assist with questions and requests from parents, faculty, and staff and work closely with Business Operations Manager to coordinate and organize workflow.
The Staff Accountant role requires managing highly confidential information, superior administrative and organizational skills, and comfort working with numbers in a detailed capacity as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills and the flexibility to balance day-to-day priorities with longer-term goals and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable/student billing, time and attendance and payroll processing, ensuring accurate and timely financial information.
- Manages bills and payments by receiving, verifying, processing, and reconciling invoices and reimbursements.
- Processes and reconciles corporate credit card statements, bank deposits, and petty cash.
- Assists with FACTS student billing system, including payment plans, roster reconciliation, and payment processing for summer and auxiliary programs, reconciling all as a subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
- Supports Business Office reporting procedures.
- Maintains general ledger and chart of accounts. Assists in month-end and quarterly closing procedures, including preparing and reviewing account reconciliations and maintaining internal controls.
- Prepares monthly budget reports for all departments, working with other administrators and department heads concerning budget performance and forecasts.
- Responsible for the overall organization of Business Office records retention.
- Maintains files such as vendor contracts, certificates of insurance, and W-9s.
- Supports HR functions, including required records and clearances.
- Provides administrative support and performs other duties as assigned by the Business Operations Manager.
Professional Skills and Personal Qualifications:
- 2-3 years relevant work experience with a general knowledge of GAAP and non-profit accounting – an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an Accounting concentration or major strongly preferred.
- Experience with general accounting and accounting applications, including QuickBooks, bill.com, MS Office (specifically Excel), and RenWeb/FACTS; ADP Payroll experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically
- Ability to provide friendly and efficient customer service for families and co-workers while maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, work under deadlines, and plan ahead
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team as well as independently with little supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to embrace change in support of the organization’s mission and goals
- Embraces the opportunity to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives and is committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive work and learning environment
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our benefits package includes individual health, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as a matching retirement plan and professional development opportunities.
Experienced individuals with high attention to detail and accuracy, excellent communication skills, flexibility, accountability and initiative are encouraged to email email@example.com, providing a brief cover letter in the body of the email and a resume as an attachment. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Toddler Teacher's Assistants
Springmont seeks Toddler Teacher’s Assistants to begin in late July. These are full-time positions (Monday-Friday, 10 am – 6 pm) with compensation commensurate with experience, starting at $16 hourly, plus a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance, paid time off, and professional development and retirement savings opportunities.
Assistants support the Teacher’s work in the classroom and assist children with lunch, napping, toileting, and outdoor play. Assistants collaborate with Teachers to create a nurturing and caring Montessori classroom community where freedom of choice, routines, and clear expectations allow young children to flourish.
The ideal candidate is warm, reliable, organized, and flexible and possesses good written and verbal communication skills and facility with technology. Experience with children is preferred. Previous experience in a Montessori environment is not required; however, candidates must be willing to learn about and implement Montessori classroom practices. Dedicated to our school mission and the service of students and their families, we seek candidates committed to providing a caring and nurturing learning environment. Candidates should also embrace the opportunity to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives and be committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive work and learning environment.
If interested in joining our vibrant and diverse community, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, including a cover letter in the body of the email and a resume as an attachment. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Springmont is currently accepting resumes for Classroom Substitutes to work with children in our Toddler (18 months – 3 years), Primary (3 - 6 years), Elementary (6 - 12 years) and Middle School (12 - 14 years) classes. Prior experience working with children of various ages is essential and a working knowledge of Montessori education is preferred. Flexibility is a must.
Compensation begins at $15/hour. Interested candidates may email email@example.com, providing a brief cover letter in the body of the email and a resume as an attachment. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
If you are interested in possible future positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a brief cover letter in the body of the email and a resume as an attachment. Alternatively, candidates may send a cover letter and resume to:
5750 Long Island Dr, NW
Atlanta, GA 30327